Monday 13 June 2016

Day 7 : Out of the 150s! And Week 1 Update!

Starting weight : 152.4kg
Yesterday's weight : 150.3kg
Current weight : 149.6kg
Current loss/(gain) : 0.7kg
Total loss/(gain) : 2.8kg (and officially goodbye to the 150s!)

Can I hear a WOOT WOOT! :D I'm so excited today, I'm feeling grreeaaaaaat!

So the weekend was a big change for us, members of the Couch-Potato club. We did a 5K fun run on Saturday, but it was a different sort of "marathon" because it was non-competitive and most importantly, there were fun bouncy castle obstacles to go through at intervals, and it was fun walking towards one and then attempting it and moving on! :D

Faces BEFORE the event, all smiley and not knowing what to expect.. Haha!

I was expecting the walking/running to be the hard bit, but what I really didn't expect the obstacles to be the one that left me breathless and completely zonked! I was happy to be done with them and to walk to catch my breath each time! Haha! The first obstacle at the very start was this very slippery steps that you need to climb over, and then slide down, and as we waited for our wave to start I couldn't help but notice that most of the people that slipped and fell were people of my size - and I was sooooo nervous and I would be mortified if I was unable to climb over! In particular, there was a couple who were really stuck and I thought for a moment that they would have to walk around the obstacle cuz they just couldn't climb it and I'm like.. omg.. that will be me. 

BUTTTTT when it came to our turn, I slipped a few times but managed to climb over it just fine - and I wasn't one of the last ones over it HAHAHAHA! I was so happy! 

But then the people I so shamelessly YES'D *fistpumped* at quickly overtook us on the "run" and I think we might've been one of the last ones in our wave to have finished. LOL. No matter, what DOES matter is that we finished everything and we didn't die! Bear in mind, total couch to 5K here ok, and no training whatsoever!

My step count was craaaazzzyyyy! I did in total, 9,792 steps JUST from the 5K exercise! We decided to go grocery shopping after that and at the end of the day, my steps count was closer to 12K - it was so awesome! Would I do it everyday, no way.. But I wouldn't mind doing it at least once a week - I plan to walk to and from work and make it a daily thing. It'll be good for my steps goal but also save money on petrol.. Haha! We'll see though, small changes first, big changes later. 

Anyway, here's the MFP chart analysis of my progress for the week. 

Small dip due to the carb-binge, and the effects afterwards. Quite happy that it didn't have a huge lasting impact though!
Weekly average stats - Fat % is almost on point, but carbs is very high - have to work on this one. 
Two binges, and the rest are almost perfect. Rock on Week 2!
Guys, I can't say how proud I am of Week 1. I'm definitely sticking to this method of weighing myself everyday, and documenting meals and making sure I go under my calorie quota everyday. I'm feeling great, and optimistic and this time around I didn't suffer any side effects from going low carb - perhaps my body is actually used to it by now?! I don't know, but my tips this time seems to be working fine for me. Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment