Thursday 16 June 2016

Day 10 : First stall, pfft.

Starting weight : 152.4kg
Yesterday's weight : 149kg (was the same weight as yesterday, conveniently!)
Current weight : 149.3kg
Current loss/(gain) : (0.3)kg
Total loss/(gain) : 3.1kg 

I knew there was a risk of speaking too soon, and lo and behold, 3kgs down and it's my first stall. Boooooooo. 

Good thing is, tonight I'm going to have to find my own way home either by bus or walking, so I might just do the latter and see if I can jog myself out of this small stall! :D

It's too soon to be feeling deflated, but I can't say I'm delighted. I'm starting to see why a lot of people tend to flood FB groups with complaints about the scales not budging - and I'm already feeling so blah after only 3 days! Hahaha.. Calm down Alia, geez. 

Anyway, here's the stats from yesterday

Day 9
Breakfast : Acai Bowl - bananas, strawberries, full milk, peanut butter and mixed nuts topping

So I have to explain this a little bit, was typing and realised it was a full paragraph so bear with me. We were looking at nurseries yesterday and I had a rough time (don't get me started, I've only just calmed down), so we stopped by this yoga retreat cafe that had all these funky, new-age, hippy, healthy things on the menu and this looked like the  yummiest safest choice! It was just fruits, and instead of the homemade almond milk which had like a tsp of coconut sugar in [still sugar!], I opted for full cream milk and ran with it. Honestly, it was soooooo tasty, and thick like ice cream! I'd heard of healthy gurus banging on about acai bowls and how fabulous they were, but I wasn't expecting ice cream! Haha.. Anyway, this is probably the cause of my 0.3kg bloat, but anyway, I was prepared for the hunger strike from the post-fructose high and it was not that noticeable. What IS noticeable though, is the amount of CALORIES in this little innocent looking acai bowl! I googled a recipe online and the total came up to 849 for a serving!!!! Crazy. Anyway, maybe for like a realllllyyyyyy occasional treat then, cuz it was so darn tasty and I really don't mind making it my substitute ice cream treat! :P

Lunch : Tall filter coffee from Starbucks with pouring cream

Pre-Dinner snack : Broccoli slaw, and deli meats (fructose crash, and too hangry to wait for dinner!)
Dinner : Courgetti pad thai with butter sauteed salmon

Oh my gad, y'all. I've never had courgetti before, but hawt dang, that was sooo tasty! I probably overloaded on butter and peanut butter, but it really tasted like noodles and was so yum! I'll share the recipe now so y'all can have some too. 

Courgetti Pad Thai
300g courgetti (courgettes, spiralised)
knob of butter
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp tamari (or coconut aminos)
tsp of crushed garlic
tsp of chilli flakes
2-3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (optional, or reduce if you're not a peanut lover like me!)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Melt the butter, and toss the courgetti on medium heat. Add all the other ingredients leaving the PB for last, adding it when the noodles are done so that it just melts into everything. Serve piping hot with meat of your choice. 

349 calories - don't know the breakdown for this specifically, but I'll find out soon and post it up!

This is going to fill every niggling craving I get for pad-thai, guilt free, and yum to beat! Woot woot! :)

MFP stats - Day 9 - 82 calories OVER (thanks Acai *eye rolls*), 23% carbs, 63% fat and 14% protein

Day 8 
Day 8 was a model-like day actually, here's what I had:

Breakfast - Caesar Salad with Cardini's dressing, 2 eggs and roast chicken
Snack - 1 tbsp peanut butter, 20g cheese
Dinner - Broccoli slaw and 5 Buffalo Drumsticks

MFP stats : 76 calories under, 55% fat, 39% protein, 6% carbs - WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment